This week Sprint launched its first Android-powered eco-friendly phone, the Samsung Replenish. The phone is partially built with recycled plastics and recyclable packaging making it the ideal choice for the environmentally conscious consumer who needs the latest technology. The touch QWERTY device will be offered with the first solar charging battery cover for a wireless phone in the United States. Replenish will also be enabled with Sprint ID which lets customers personalize their device instantly with eco-friendly focused apps and mobile content. It’s available in three colors: Onyx Black, Arctic Blue and Raspberry Pink.
Other eco-friendly design elements:
· Reduced environmentally sensitive materials (RoHS compliant, free of intentionally added polyvinyl chloride (PVC), brominated flame retardants (BFRs), phthalates, and beryllium)
· Energy efficient, with a charger that meets the EC Code of Conduct on Energy Efficiency of External Power Supplies, Version 4, as well as a visual alert for full charge
· Casing includes 34.6 percent post-consumer recycled plastic content (the highest level in our eco-portfolio) and 82 percent of the device is made from recyclable materials
· Fully recyclable packaging that incorporates 80 percent post-consumer waste material and uses soy inks
· Includes a postage-paid envelope to recycle your old phone and promotes a virtual user guide available on the Sprint Website – www.sprint.com
For those on the go, Sprint also offers the Solio Universal Hybrid Solar Charger, an eco-friendly solar-powered charger that can store power from the sun or an electrical socket to recharge a mobile phone anywhere, anytime.
More Green Right Now
Nearly 1 million pounds of breaded chicken products are being…
When served over basmati rice, this dish brings to mind dinners in…
Take one of spring's greatest fruits to a whole new level.