The Billings Heights suspect who kept law enforcement on a 14-hour standoff Saturday has been identified.

ABC FOX Billings Breaking Anchor Mary Beth Dickson reports from the standoff scene as crime investigators gather evidence.
Crime scene investigators gathering evidence of Saturday’s standoff.

Police report 57-year-old Mary White Crane is now being held on multiple charges.

ABC FOX Billings Breaking Anchor Mary Beth Dickson reports from the scene.

She’s currently in custody at the Yellowstone County Detention Facility for the charges of three counts of felony criminal endangerment, two counts of criminal mischief, and one count of attempted deliberate homicide.

“At approximately 7: 06 am Billings Police responded to a weapons complaint at a residence in the 700 block of Birch. Information to Officers was that the suspect was shooting from her residence into neighboring residences after posting threats on social media. Initial investigation indicated the weapon being used initially was a small caliber or possibly a high powered air rifle that was capable of penetrating exterior windows. Officers were also advised by witnesses the suspect was possibly armed with other firearms.
Patrol Officers began containment of the area and BPD SWAT and negotiators were activated. Officers attempted contact with the suspect for approximately two hours with no cooperation from the suspect,” reported Lt. Matt Lennick.

Around 10:45 am Officers with BPD SWAT attempted to deliver a throw phone to the suspect in an attempt to establish a line of communication. White Crane then reportedly fired at Officers, striking one Officer. Officers returned fire but the suspect was able to retreat into the residence unharmed. The injured Officer was evacuated from the scene and is receiving medical treatment at a local hospital after successful surgery.
Supporting agencies were asked to respond to assist.

“While Officers continued to make contact with the suspect the suspect continued firing rounds at Officers. Yellowstone County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene immediately and Gallatin County and Lewis and Clark County SWAT were requested and responded.
Throughout the standoff SWAT personal took actions to contain and control the suspect’s movements within the residence while negotiators continued to work on contacting the suspect and working with her in an attempt to convince her to surrender,” said Lt. Lennick.
The suspect was barricaded in the center of the residence and remained un-cooperative.

Billings Fire Department was able to supply the tactical teams with a fire hose and the teams were able to effectively introduce water into the residence where the suspect was barricaded. This caused the suspect to surrender without any further incident.

BPD Detectives are currently at the residence on Birch Lane and will be working to process the scene throughout the day.