The Billings Symphony Proudly Continues the Grand Tradition Of The Nutcracker at the Lincoln Center in Downtown Billings

Billings Arts

Billings MT- The Billings Symphony Orchestra & Chorale (BSO&C) presents The Nutcracker in three performances: Saturday, November 30 at 2 pm and 7 pm, and Sunday, December 1 at 2 pm at the Lincoln Center. Tickets range from $26-$52.  The Nutcracker is performed by the San Diego Ballet under the artistic direction of Robin Morgan. More than 100 local child singers and dancers take the stage for this charming Thanksgiving weekend tradition. This year’s performances will be conducted by our own Maestra Anne Harrigan.

“I’m very pleased to be conducting the Nutcracker this year.  While it’s always good for orchestras and audiences to experience guest conductors, the Nutcracker is one of my personal favorites and I’m happy to be back. Over the past decade I’ve enjoyed watching young dancers grow from little mice to accomplished ballerinas.” Maestra Anne Harrigan.

With its signature theatrics and beloved choreography, the San Diego Ballet delivers a light-hearted interpretation of this holiday classic that is expressive and dramatic. Principal dancers are seasoned professionals who bring strong brilliant technique, expressive artistry and high energy to this well-loved ballet. Audiences easily connect with their inspired performances to Peter Tchaikovsky’s beloved score performed live by the Billings Symphony Orchestra.

Roles such as the Sugar Babes, Candy Canes, Gingersnaps, and the Boys & Girls Party Scene are performed by local dancers under the direction of Betty Loos and Julia Marble of the Montana Dance Center. Madelynn Hust will dance the role of Clara. Catherine Hosfensperer will dance as Fritz.

In addition to local dancers cast in the ballet, vibrant young vocalists with the ROCK Children’s Choir under the direction of Janie Sutton will sing during the snow scene.

Families will delight in the classic version of this Billings Thanksgiving weekend tradition of more than 30 years. “Must –see” simply doesn’t capture the live music, high energy of the talented cast, and special stage effects.

This annual event would not be possible without the generous support of Stockman Bank. The Nutcracker is also supported with funds from the Montana Cultural Trust, the Montana Arts Council, and the National Endowment for the Arts. The Billings Symphony’s 2019-2020 season is presented by the Oakland Companies.

“I am looking forward to be a part of the Nutcracker for the first time here in Billings. I welcome you and your family to join me at the Lincoln Center and experience this Thanksgiving Weekend Tradition with me.

The Billings Symphony is delighted to welcome back the San Diego Ballet, performing together with local students and dancers from the Montana Dance Center, and helping our arts community promote dance appreciation in people of all ages.” Ignacio Barrón Viela, BSO&C Executive Director

Tickets are available at the Billings Symphony Box Office (2721 2nd Ave N. Ste 350), by calling 406-252-3610, or online at billingssymphony.org

Tickets on the day of the performances will be sold online or in person at the Lincoln Center in the lobby of the auditorium. The Auditorium entrance located on N. 29th St. across from the Dude Rancher Lodge.

For more information about The Nutcracker:
https://billingssymphony.org/the-nutcracker-3/

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss