(CNN & WIAT) Thermometers are hard to come by these days, and it could get worse.
Thermometer manufacturers and distributors say the devices were already in high demand earlier this year when health care providers started ordering more to scan COVID-19 patients. But now, companies who will require temperature checks are also buying the devices in mass bundles.
Marc Blustein, CEO of American Diagnostic Corporation, one of the nation’s largest thermometer manufacturers, said demand is up 900% for his company’s “non-contact” thermometers.
Multiple medical suppliers said the added customers have put a strain on the thermometer supply chain because they simply can not make enough right now.
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state
- Pandemic exposes ‘our health system does not serve all’
- Virginia lawmakers want House and Senate leadership to include USPS in next relief package
- US deaths from coronavirus surpass 100,000 milestone
- Cuomo: Now is the perfect time to address nation’s crumbling infrastructure