Start the new year off right by donating to a charity to help with their cause. WalletHub released a study of the top charities to donate to in 2023. The results from this study were made by analyzing more than 200 of the highest-ranked charities from the U.S. based on CharityWatch and Charity Navigator.
Here is a list of some of the top-rated charities with a WalletHub score based out of 100 points.
- Rotary Foundation of Rotary International
- Score: 100/100
- Donations used for sustainable service projects
- Used both nationwide and worldwide
- Animal Welfare Insitute
- Score: 97/100
- Helps animals suffering harm from humans
- Engages with policymakers, scientists, public to end animal cruelty
- National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Score: 86/100
- Works to prevent homelessness in the U.S.
- Uses research and data to find ways to end homelessness
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Score: 99/100
- Protects human rights for most vulnerable population in the U.S.
- Committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Score: 85/100
- Largest child protection organization
- Provides resources for children and adults keeping them safe
To have a successful donation, here are a few things to keep in mind. Have a budget planned out to ensure there is no overspending. Donations do not always have to be monetary. For certain charity groups, people can donate food and clothing or their time to help the cause. Do your research before picking a charity to donate to. Check their website, how they are covered in the press, and how the funds are used to help with its mission. Create a list of organizations with causes that match matters you deeply care about.
Yourbigsky also provided a few local nonprofit organizations to lend a helping hand to:
- Family Tree Nurturing Center
- Billings Clinic Foundation
- Head Start
- Family Promise of Yellowstone Valley
- Billings TrailNet
- Project Christmas Miracle
There are countless organizations to donate to for the new year. Be sure to give back and help out a charity with a great cause!