While a lot of folks are traveling this Memorial Day weekend, not all of us will be hitting the road this Friday. Sometimes the best way to spend an extra day off is getting to hang out at home. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do something fun!
To make the most of your 3-day weekend, here’s a list of fun things you can do right here in Billings.
1. Discover A New Park!
Billings is home to more than more than 50 parks and arboretums! Unless you’re hardcore about parks, you probably haven’t seen them all. One hidden gem is Spring Creek park, which is a wonderful spot to have a picnic and watch some ducks. The Billings Park and Recreation site has a list of every park, so it’s a great way to find a new one: https://www.billingsparks.org/parks-trails/. There are thunderstorms forecasted for this weekend, so if you do go out, make sure it’s when the coast is clear.
2. See a Limited Run Movie at The Theater
Yeah you can stream movies at home, but there’s nothing like seeing a movie on the big screen. These movies are only going to be shown for one weekend only, so if you want to see them up in lights this may be your only chance.
The Babcock Will be Showing:
- The All-Ages comedy classic School of Rock, which Jack Black has considered the highlight of his career will be.
- Tommy, the 1975 movie based off of The Who’s concept album of the same name.
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, a 1964 French Film, it was dubbed one of “the most revered and unorthodox movie musicals of all time” by The Criterion Collection.
AMC Theaters Will be Showing:
- The Steven Spielberg animated dinosaur classic The Land Before Time. As part of AMC’s Summer Camp program, tickets will only be $5.
- TOMORROW X TOGETHER’s world tour. It will feature live performances and interviews with the Korean Pop group.
If you’re looking to go outside your comfort zone, Kirk’s grocery will be hosting Night of the VHS, where a vintage film from the collection of “Lord Video” will be shown.
3. Go Shopping Someplace You Haven’t Before
There are all sorts of new stores popping in Billings, why not stop by one for the first time?
- Rimrock Mall has a new store called Boxlunch, filled with pop culture merch. For every $10 you spend, a meal is donated to someone in need.
- This Saturday is the grand opening of the official Warhammer Store accross from Rimrock Mall. The only one of its kind in the state, they sell miniatures, board games, and books all taking place in the sci-fi and fantasy worlds of Warhammer.
- The Sierra Trading Post in Billings on King Ave opened this month. Owned by the same company at TJ Maxx, they offer deep discounts on outdoor gear and equipment
- The May Shopping Festival is taking place this weekend at MetraPark. Local businesses and artist of all stripes will be selling their products in one easy to access location.
4. Be a Visitor in Your Own Hometown
VisitBillings.com is the best source for folks visiting town and are looking for something fun and exciting to do nearby. They have guided passports for Billings like Trailhead Treats and the Billings Brew Trail. Even if you live in town, you should check out the site. There might be a few gems in town you’ve never heard of.