On June 10th, Family Service, a local nonprofit charity serving our community for more than 112 years, has a historic opening. After 35 years at their previous location, they have moved and are ready for business in their new facility at 3927- 3931 1st Avenue South, Billings MT.
A Grand Opening celebration, including a ribbon-cutting, is set for Friday, June 14 from 11am – 1:30pm at their new location. A barbeque will follow, sponsored by Food Services of America, Meadow Gold and Pepsi.
The new facility includes two buildings and supports new or improved services for our neighbors in need. These include:
• Expanded food box capability in the Client Choice area, allowing families and seniors in need to select their own food boxes, reducing food waste. This feature will also allow more clients to be helped each day, lifting families toward stability and self-sufficiency.
• On-site processing of the Supplemental Commodity Food Program for Seniors in need. This monthly food distribution provides a wonderful food bag of shelf-stable items for seniors who are 60 or older, living on less than $1300 per month. Sign-ups and re-certifications can be done at the reception desk.
• Enhanced donation drop-off for donors bringing gently used, clean household items and clothing as donation. Donors can now drive through the front building, 3931 to make their donations inside, out of the elements. This better protects valuable donations and make the process friendly and easier.
• A larger thrift store and 50¢ Clothing Quarter provides shoppers from all walks of life a fun and diverse shopping experience. Anyone and everyone can shop at Family Service to find treasures and bargains.
• Distribution of food to the pantries on the eastern side of Montana. This new program kicks off this summer and is in collaboration with Montana Food Bank Network.
Volunteers for every program are needed. Please call the office, 406-259-2269, for details and applications.
About Family Service
Family Service started in 1906, with the mission of helping the poor. While circumstances and methods of assistance have changed over the decades, today's mission of preventing hunger, homelessness and poverty in Yellowstone County and surrounding areas through community involvement has the same goal, to help our neighbors in need toward stability and self-sufficiency. Family Service relies on the generous support of our community to lift those in need. Minimal government funding is received, with a small stipend to support the Supplemental Commodity Food Program for seniors.
Last year, over 15,000 households and seniors in need received vital essentials like bountiful food boxes, emergency rent or utility assistance, no/low cost clothing, birthday books for children under 18, and even education assistance for better employment.
To learn more about Family Service, the Grand Opening, its programs and new facility, please contact:
Stacy Brown, Executive Director or
Jane McCracken, Sr. Director of Development and Campaign
General reception phone: 406-259-2269
Or visit our website at www.billingsfamilyservice.org
Physical Address: 3927 1st Ave. South, Billings, MT 59101
Mailing Address: PO Box 1020, Billings, MT 59103
Billings Public Library presents Lynn Powers on Tuesday, June
The Institute for Peace Studies at Rocky Mountain College is pleased…
Red Lodge Home of Champions Rodeo will be opening it's Chutes for the…