BILLINGS MT- Join the Billings Symphony Orchestra & Chorale (BSO&C) and enjoy the last moments of summer at the 2nd annual Whiskey and Wine fundraiser, Thursday, September 12, from 6-9 pm at the nostalgic Henry’s Garage (12 Garden Ave. Billings, MT 59101). Montana’s top distributors will be on hand to serve samples of their best Whiskey and Wines from the region. Billings Symphony musicians will serenade the crowd while The Northern Hotel serves an array of delicious hors d’oeuvres. Tickets are $40 and can be purchased by calling 406-252-3610 or online at billingssymphony.org.
Proceeds raised by Whiskey and Wine help the BSO&C continue to enrich lives through music, by supporting the BSO&C’s education and community outreach program, Explore Music! Because of these programs, the BSO&C has touched the lives of countless Billings residents and those in surrounding communities.
“What a better way to end the summer than with the Billings Symphony! Try today’s top wines and whiskey to fill you cellars for the winter. Most important, you will be doing so supporting BSO&C’s vital music education programs.” -Sandy Cantesano, Manager of Development and Events for the Billings Symphony Orchestra & Chorale.
A prime example of the BSO&C’s community work is Healing Harmonies, the BSO&C’s newest community outreach program. Symphony musicians visit the pediatric ward at St. Vincent Hospital, providing music therapy for the children, family, and staff who stay and work there.
Other programs supported by BSO&C fundraisers are:
- Guitar lessons at the Montana Women’s Prison
- Drum circles at Canyon Creek Memory Care
- Musicians-in-schools and Conductor in the schools, where our BSO&C members teach students of all ages what it takes to be a professional musician
- Adventures in Music Day, where we bring a musician from each instrument family to a public school or the Billings Public Library, and teach students about symphonic instruments
- Rural Rhythms, our free community chamber concert series
- Instrument Petting Zoos, where students have the opportunity to try every instrument
- Master Classes with our guest artist, where students get to perform and receive feedback from touring musicians
- Our annual family concert with a full performance in Red Lodge, where all area schools are invited to join
For more information about the Explore Music! Programs, please visit billingssymphony.org/explore-music/
The Billings Symphony would like to thank the distributors who have given their time to help them touch so many lives: City Vineyard, Eagle Beverage, George’s Distributing, Winegardners Wines, The Grotto, Intermountain Distributing, Bugzy’s Casino, and The Northern Hotel.
The Billings Symphony would also like to thank the sponsors for Whiskey and Wine. Without their continued generosity, events like this could not happen: PEAK Technology Solutions, Copy Right, Opportunity Bank, The Grotto, MorningStar Senior Living, Betty & Joe Roy, The Northern Hotel, KTVQ-2, and The Oakland Companies.
The Billings Symphony Orchestra & Chorale (BSO&C) is the largest professional orchestra in Montana. Established in 1951, the BSO&C strives to enrich lives through music. Consisting of over 135 musicians, the BSO&C serves a regional population of 400,000 people located throughout South Central and Eastern Montana, and Northeastern Wyoming by introducing music to children, youth, adults and seniors through Explore Music! the BSO&C’s community engagement program. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Tickets are available by calling 406-252-3610 or visiting billingssymphony.secure.force.com/ticket/#sections_a0F1R00000Rcne5UAB