KSVI/KHMT is seeling a full-time Production Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and develops local news programs: researches and develops ideas and budgets; writes scripts; etc.
- Produces program(s): manages talent; may serve as editor, videographer, and/or audio/lighting specialist
- Post-production: edits videotape; completes related paperwork such as clearances; labels and stores completed show tapes
- Provides training and direction to the production staff
- Assist in repair and upkeep of studio and production sets and properties
- Participate in the design of video graphics, titles, music, and creative look of shows; makes editorial decisions regarding assembly of information, illustrations, and content
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- BA or BS degree in Communications or Mass Communications with an emphasis on Television Production or related experience
*Related experience will be evaluated by Company management and may be substituted based on years of experience.
- Working knowledge of television production techniques and extensive experience with automation is necessary
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to plan work schedules and assign duties; ability to provide or arrange for training
- Creative decision-making skills
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Knowledge of professional audio/video and staging techniques, facilities, and equipment
- Knowledge of audio/video tape storage and archiving procedures
- Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards
- Ability to formulate broadcast programming concepts and to plan, develop, and implement live and/or pre-recorded television programs
- Knowledge of television graphic design methods and techniques
- Knowledge of television production set design principles and techniques
- Knowledge of television programming concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques
- The candidate must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Production Director must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Apply online at: https://www.nexstar.tv
ABC 6 and FOX 4 are Equal Opportunity