Meet a Republican Candidate for Governor – Bob Fanning:
- Notre Dame, B.A. majoring in biology and sociology, 1973.
- Registered Representative in 1974 of the New York Stock Exchange NYSE/Commodity Futures Trading Commission CFTC.
- M.B.A studies 1975 – 1977 specializing in finance.
- Member Chicago Board of Trade, 1981-1994, Chicago.
- Fixed Income Specialist: Financial advisor to some of America’s largest financial institutions and Institutional Investors.
- Retired Sole Shareholder, Director and Officer, M.H. Detrick Co., a major supplier of engineered heat enclosures for steel and other industries since 1914.
Bob Fanning is a proven successful leader in economics and finance. With this expertise, Fanning is well equipped to solve Montana’s severe economic problems. Fanning has extensive experience in Strategic Planning, Financial Analysis, Due Diligence and Litigation, Operations and General Management, Start-up and Turnaround, Bankruptcy Reorganization, Sales and Marketing, International Negotiations, Advocacy, Communications, P and L Management, and Environmental Issues.
A resident of Pray, Montana, since 1996, Fanning noticed the threat to our wildlife caused by the importation of the large Canadian wolf into Montana. To counter this severe threat, Fanning became Chairman & Founder of Friends of the Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd, Inc, whose goal is to protect Montana’s wildlife, ranching, and hunting from wolf depredation. His group steadfastly worked at the state and federal legislative levels and in Federal court and, after a 12-year effort, finally achieved delisting and state management of wolves.